The complete bank card LAN protocol analyzer
Take the byte out of bit
| TranScan Viewer
Screen: Field formatted and Native view of ISO 8583 data
Now TranScan/LAN can do for your LAN connections, what
TranScan/8583 did for your WAN connections.
TranScan/LAN transforms your PC into a powerful productivity tool
for both software developement and production troubleshooting. TranScan/LAN is a software
package designed to support the monitoring and analysis of communications messages on a
Bank Card local area network (LAN). TranScan/LAN provides a rich set of layered functions,
addressing the needs of such varied groups as Network Technicians running Bank Card
Networks, Software Developers implementing new functions for those networks and Network
Certifiers ensuring the capability of Network participants.
In addition to breaking down the various layers of LAN protocols, TranScan/LAN also
parses bankcard application messages formatted according to ISO 8583 specifications.
- Display formats distinguish between message data and communications protocol,
consecutively numbering messages for easy recall and reference.
- All ISO 8583 fields are clearly displayed and labeled.
- All ISO 8583 format errors are flagged.
- Now with optional Response Time Reporter.
The optional Response Time Reporter add-on to TranScan/LAN offers
realtime calculation of response time, plus logging of response time
statistics for spreadsheet analysis
of application response times.
TranScan/LAN supports a variety of ISO 8583 Dialects. (And we're always looking for
- Wright Express
- Your dialect - contact us! For us - it's only a
table change. For you - it's a quantum leap in productivity.
TranScan/LAN users may select from a range of message views for real time display, captured data display or print.
- Message Routing and Type provides a one line summary for each message.
- Message Overview displays selected fields while reducing message screen wrap.
- Complete Message displays all the ISO 8583 data fields as well as the message bit
- Hex Message Data provides an uninterpreted hexidecimal view of the complete ISO
- Native Monitor View uses Ethertest from Frontline Test
Equipment for mnemonic
decoding of LAN protocols.
The TranScan/LAN package includes the TranScan Viewer, which supports
input from different sources:
Paste the message from the clipboard.
"Grab" an ISO format message from a TPF console display.
Access to the TPF console must be via the 3270 emulation program Extra..
Read a file containing the binary image of the message.
Read a text file containing the hexadecimal character representation
of one or more messages.
Read a file previously saved by TranScan Viewer containing one or
ActiveX Code Component (COM) Automation client (formerly known as OLE
Automation client). You can write your own calls to TranScan Viewer in Visual C++,
Visual Basic, or Visual Basic for Applications.
TranScan/LAN add-on to FTS Ethertestä, LAN protocol analyzers.
The TranScan/LAN PC-based architecture allows our system to grow along with your
- Our Table driven design facilitates easy adaptation to ISO 8583 changes and
- Data you capture while monitoring a communications line is kept in Windows/DOS file
format, allowing easy access by user applications and data portability.
- Captured data can be printed on standard PC printers.
- Functional enhancements and new features are only a software release away. Other
protocol analyzers change only when their hardware or firmware changes.
TranScan provides an invaluable tool for:
- Developers: The TranScan is a powerful productivity tool for
programmers during the developement and testing of program code which produces and
processes incoming and outgoing ISO credit and debit messages. All ISO fields are clearly
labeled and all ISO format errors are flagged. One keystroke switches between ISO dialects
such as MasterCard, VISA, Deluxe and ACI BASE 24. The TranScan provides ongoing value
during the program maintenance and regression testing.
- Quality assurance and network certification staff: Validating
incoming and outgoing transactions in newly installed systems becomes easy. Printed output
from the TranScan can document both successful completion and trouble reports.
- Network Technicians: Network support staff can see immediately what
type of data is flowing on communication lines, can identify all of the transaction fields
present and so can provide more intelligent input to the problem recognition and
troubleshooting process. Even physical circuit problems are identified more readily. Noisy
circuits will produce ISO message with format errors which TranScan will detect and flag
PC Minimum Requirements:
- Windows 98, Me, NT, 2000, or XP
- Pentium Processor (recommend 2Ghz or better for networks with heavy traffic)
- VGA Display
- 128MB RAM (recommend 1GB for networks with heavy traffic)
- 40MB available HardDrive Space (capture file size is limited by available disk space)
- Standard Ethernet Network Interface Card (NIC)